We have collated a list of useful links of resources that can help locals



Surf Coast Shire

The committee of the 3228 Residents Association would like to acknowledge the contribution of the Surf Coast Shire to the cost of developing this website. The small community grant that we received recently has also assisted with other administrative costs of setting up an Incorporated Association.


The Surf Coast Shire website - http://www.surfcoast.vic.gov.au/Home - can sometimes be a bit hard to navigate, simply because there are so many options.

If you want to contact your local councilors go to:


You can ring them for the cost of a local call or you can email them. You can contact your councilors individually or include them all in an email. If you include them all in the same email the SCS policy is for the Mayor only to reply. Remember that some residents in the 3228 postcode are now in the Winchelsea ward so if you are in the Winch ward contact Heather wellington and Carol McGregor in the first instance. Although we are divided into wards the councilors should still represent all residents in the SCS so if you really want to make a point include them all.

 Mayor and Torquay Ward councilor


Torquay Ward councilors:       




Anglesea Ward councilors:



Lorne Ward councilors:                                


Winchelsea Ward councilors:                            



Interested in knowing what the councilors will be voting on at their meetings? Have a look at:

Meetings & Agendas:


For Planning Permits and applications:


If you are interested in seeing what Planning Applications are on exhibition go to:


If you believe you may be disadvantaged if a Planning Permit proceeds you have a right to object. There are procedures that need to be followed which should be included in the exhibition documents. If you are unsure about how to make an objection we will try to help you – send us an email.

Problems with noisy neighbours, blocked drains, pollution:


State Representative – South Barwon:

Currently our local representative is Andrew Katos. He is a member of the current State Government as a Liberal member. If you have an issue that you think he may be able to assist you with you can contact him on:

andrew.katos@parliament.vic.gov.au or phone- (03) 5244 2288.

Federal Representative - Corrangamite:

Our current representative is Sarah Henderson. She is a member of the current Federal Government as a Liberal party member.  If you have an issue that you think she may be able to assist you with you can contact her on: 035243 1444 or email: sarah.henderson.mp@aph.gov.au

Don’t feel intimidated about contacting your local representatives whether they are local, state or federal – they are no different to the rest of us!

Community groups:  we have a lot of great community groups in the 3228 post code. Below is a list of some of them:

Bellbrae Residents Association


SCEG – Surf Coast Energy Group                                             


Danawa Community Garden


Lions Club




SANE- Surfers Appreciating the Natural Environment


Let us know if your community group wants to be added.